Findhorn Village Heritage

Findhorn Heritage Icehouse was built circa 1850 to store ice for preserving salmon destined for London markets. Salmon netting finished in 1986 and the Icehouse was acquired by Findhorn Heritage who have created a small Salmon Fishing museum. To allow wheelchair access for visitors throughout the building a level metal surface was constructed, supported above the existing uneven rough stone floor. Over the course of 20 years the damp environment had caused corrosion of the floor infrastructure. The grant from Berry Burn Community Fund has helped us replace the floor support infrastructure to allow continued wheelchair access for visitors.